Blue Roses (BC Remix) Blue Roses (BC Remix)

I like it, man.

Great material, very thorough. However, it could use a little more 'space', you know? Some careful EQing in the synth parts wouldn't be out of place, and some heavy master compression would make the thing more... unified. Dunno if that helps...

Good Evening Good Evening

I like it.

It grooves, man. =D

I reccomend switching to Reason. It's a bit pricey, but mastering is much more intuitive, and the synths/effects are better suited to what you're doing.

culmor30 responds:

Hm, I've tried it a few times, can't really get used to the interface. I'll give it another go I guess. Thanks :]

Alchemy Alchemy

Good, but unfinished...

The intro was a little lengthy, and you probably shoulda brought the bass drum back in sooner. Aside from that, though, very good. The bass sound is really good, and the drums are spot on for the most part. The one main thing I would consider adding is a few more background synth parts not playing the same melody. Great work so far, though!

Brain Malfunction--_-- Brain Malfunction--_--

Awesome

This is really good. I love how subtle the synth parts are layered.

Fairy Fountain Redux Fairy Fountain Redux

Needs Work

Too much reverb in general. Everything is a little muddy.
It's a bit repetitive. Maybe include a lead part to lessen the monotony.

It shows promise, however.

Theledge93 responds:

The Reason there's a lot of reverb is to create the feeling of dreaminess that the game soundtrack alludes to. if you pair the menu stylization with the song, you get a very calming dreamy state. since i can't show you the menu, i had to get that feeling elsewhere. reverb is what did it for me.

for repetiveness, the source material is repetitive. there are no lead parts. I wasn't trying to make a new song, i was trying to recreate the original version, or basically what comes to mind when i'm sitting in the menu. this was what i came up with.

Moonlight's Last Dance Moonlight's Last Dance

Pretty great, needs percussion

I think to satisfy this song's goal, some timpani and tubular bell parts would go a great way. Also, redoing the guitar parts on a real guitar would sound unreal. Nevertheless, pretty amazing!

Metical - Revolution Metical - Revolution

Dude, pure win.

Phenomenal. Simply great. My only complaint is the drums in the beginning. Going with a snare would be just fine.

Four Fucking Chords Four Fucking Chords

Neil Youngish

Emotion sounds forced in this recording, no offense. Trite message, but it was beautifully delivered. I think the ''simplicity to make a point' shtick got old a while ago, and you could do with another track or two.

On the other hand, you're an awesome musician. :D

Gunshy responds:

omg somebody finally name-dropped one of my biggest influences! yay!!!
no schtick here, man... just music. thanks for the review.
and hey, i've started playing the last verse 2nd and the 2nd verse last, and that seems to help the song's flow a little bit.
thanks.
i'm currently conceptualizing the 'full band' arrangement for this one because its gotten such awesome reviews. i didn't think this song was worth a shit, but let this be the lesson: the artist is not the best judge or the best audience... meaning i never know what the hell people will like so i'll just keep recording whatever.
thanks.

Shock Loop Shock Loop

Grunge? What world are you on?

Um, grunge is a type of music, fwi.

Pasty-Flawss responds:

What would you put it in?...

it's done it's done